An open platform to share ideas that can reshape the future and travel towards Agri 4.0
AIC Nitte Incubation Centre in association with BMSIT&M is organizing 3-days Agri-Tech Hackathon in Mangalore which is identified as one of the cleanest cities in India with long beaches, during March 5th to 7th 2021, inviting around 250 participants across India. This event aims to bring together, Innovators and Start-ups that have developed or, are developing technology-based innovations that have the potential to create an impact in the lives of the farmers particularly smallholder farmers and demonstrate business model sustainability.
This Hackathon provides a platform bringing together fresh perspectives, disruptive approaches, cutting-edge research & knowledge and encourages a collaborative approach. The AgriTech Hackathon is designed not only to provide a solution to the problem but also enable a connection and conversation between our rural and urban communities.
- To provide a platform for Students/Researchers/Innovators/Farmers to come up with innovative solutions for key challenges in the Agri-sector and creating Agritech start-ups.
- To provide a managed innovation process through Design thinking and mitigate the risk in converting ideas into viable AgriTech solution.
- To identify and nurture innovations having applications in the rural sector which can provide value proposition addressing the key challenges.
- To highlight investment opportunities in innovation up-scaling.
- To makeover startup ventures to reap the opportunities in Agri-sector.
Who can participate?
- Students studying at any Indian university/institute.
- Start-ups, Agri-Innovators, and professionals/ employed individuals.
- Individuals or teams of 3-4, with cross-functional knowledge, and multidisciplinary skills who are willing to provide innovative and dynamic solutions that can address customers’ needs and business viability moulding
- into Agri tech start-up.
Why participate in AgriTech Hackathon?
- Opportunity to meet an entire ecosystem of innovators, experiment with the latest technology and explore opportunities of creating a Start-up in the core sector.
- Solving real-world problems through the application of the design thinking process.
- Financial boost through attractive Prizes and Mentoring from industry experts.
- The winning teams will be incubated with technical and Innovation expertise, access to our technology labs and innovation facilities and our extensive network across agriculture, technology and the supply chain.
NITTE Education Trust is one among the reputed universities selected by NITI Aayog, for setting up an Atal Incubation Centre (AIC). The Incubation Centre aims to accelerate the country's entrepreneurial vision by encouraging and assisting innovative entrepreneurs through valuable mentorship, access to investor networks, and facilitating a host of other services.
BMSIT&M established Incubation centre to encourage students and faculties to catalyze development of innovation-driven enterprises. The Centre has been recognized and approved as the Host Institute to setup Business Incubator (BI) by Ministry of MSME, Govt. of India.
Challenge #1: Monitoring and Management of rate of water, soil health and crop health using IoT, AI & ML, Sensors etc.
Challenge#2: Designing a Digital Platform for Empowerment of Farmer Producer Organisations.
Challenge #3: Development of a smart system from Farm to Consumer 'Weekly Santhe'
Challenge #4: Value-added products from Agri waste through waste to wealth approach.
Challenge #5: Protecting crops from wild animals.
Timelines: Duration for Hach 50 Hours
Last date Registration:
1st Prize: INR 50,000
2nd Prize: INR 30,000
3rd Prize: INR 20,000
7th February 2021
Application Submission Guidelines
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- All mandatory elements mentioned in the application form have to be provided with clear information.
- All entries obtained through unauthorized sources are automatically void.
- It is strongly advised not to wait until the deadline for the submission of entries. Organizers shall not be responsible for non-receipt of entries on account of server errors/ traffic.
- Applicants should avoid uploading any proprietary information on the platform as the submitted entries shall be shared with evaluators & mentors for evaluation & mentoring.
- The participants represent that the submission is original, and is not copyrighted by anyone or any firm.
- • For more information visit https://www.aicnitte.com